This is picture build instruction for JePe F-18 FastFoam (EPO bungee/handlaunch version)
- span: 102cm
- Length: 146 cm
- empty weight (incl 4x 11gram Servo+ 2x Nozzle+ Ejectionseat): 900 gram
- Fan: 1x 90mm 6-10s
- this kit has NO landing gear: in the fuselage there are prepared pockets for medium size retracts but position of maingear is too far backwards. In this build instruction these holes are being closed with material from the droptanks and model is used for bungee or handlaunch.
- Very good quality EPO Foam Parts + clear canopy
- carbon tubes inside wing and elevator panels
- complete set of JePe FastFoam Parts + 3-D prints
Optional from JePe Shop:
Check this before you start building:
Let’s start building!!
Servo’s and Rudders:
Hinging the elevators: you can do 3 ways
- use both the factory made EPO hinges of elevators + additional Pivot Hinges(pictures below)
- trimm-off elevators and drill/glue the Pivot hinges only
- make them just like flap/ailerons construction of this F-18 (with 4-5 ultrathin hinges on top of surface of each elevator panel)
glassing is done with 1x 25 gramm glass tissue painted onto the Foam with PU-EPO . Complete model must be sanded light with 150-180 paper to turn shiny surface to matte (to get perfect grip for the glass coating) .