This is picture build instruction for JePe F-18 FastFoam (EPO bungee and retract version)
- span: 102cm
- Length: 146 cm
- empty weight (incl 4x 11gram Servo+ 2x Nozzle+ ejectionseat): 900 gram
- total weight incl HV ESC and 90mm StormFan + servo’s + glassing/paintjob + receiver etc is 1750 gr (excl flight battery)
- advised 10s 4500mAh battery weight is 1050 gram (total F18 rocket take-off weight of only 2,8 kg! / no retracts)
- Fan: 1x 90mm 6-10s Best! : JePe StormFan-90HV (system F16/F18)
- this standard EPO kit has NO landing gear: in the fuselage there are prepared pockets for medium size retracts and position of maingear has already been moved forwards for easy take-off. At first in this build instruction these holes are being closed with material from the droptanks and model is used for bungee or handlaunch. If you want to install retracts than you must look at end of this instruction
- cnc plywood parts for Retracts install and Landing Gear is available from our shop
- Very good quality EPO Foam Parts + clear canopy
- carbon tubes inside wing and elevator panels
- complete set of JePe FastFoam Parts + 3-D prints+ control horns + carbon spars
Optional from JePe Shop:
Check this before you start building:
Let’s start building!!
Servo’s and Rudders:
Hinging the elevators:
- Best way: use both the factory made EPO hinges of elevators + additional Pivot Hinges(pictures below)
Drive set: Speedcontrol / Fanunit / UBEC:
ZOP POWER 4s 4500mAh 45c are only 33$ (incl shipping!)
ZOP POWER 3s 4500mAh 45c are only 26$ (incl shipping!)
I did buy small parcel with only 3 packs for 1 plane: free shipping and no taxes !
you can buy the 2x3s balance cable(or also called 6s splitter) from Ebay or here(JePe)
This is just example of my setup because I like the low price and low weight of these good quality packs but you can make your setup more simple by using 2x5s packs from different label and also you can buy an HV-UBEC that is simply soldered to your ESC plugs .
Closing holes and cleaning up the airframe:
glassing is done with 1x 25 gramm glass tissue painted onto the Foam with PU-EPO . Complete model must be sanded light with 150-180 paper to matte surface (to get perfect grip for the glass coating) .
the Paint Job:
you can buy this expensive 5 meter tape from Graupner or buy smaller 2,5 meter from JePe
Very good size Decalset from Freewing .(top) . We have some in our shop (optional)
CG and rudder movements:
you can buy cnc cut plywood construction from our shop , also the Freewing landing gearinstalling the maingear:
installing the nosegear: